January 13, 2021 / By Pai Cristal Italia
GR8 and SG1: two new solutions for the grinding of acetate and injected plastic
In the context of the tumbling process of cellulose acetate and injected plastic eyewear, the first step, defined grinding, has a basic importance in order to guarantee a perfect finishing of frames, temples and earpieces. It is indeed necessary to remove scratches derived from the previous treatments, like milling or mould deburring, avoiding to damage the surface and ensuring meanwhile a more or less marked rounding of the profile based on the several models.
The R&D department of PAI CRISTAL ITALIA has developped two different solutions to reply directly to the most important working needs.
Using the compound GR8 – GREAT GRINDING you can :
- OBTAIN A PERFECT SURFACE: the new compound GR8 allows to eliminate the deepest scratches and the flaws caused from the milling and moulding. The surface roughness (Ra) of the piece after the 15 h treatment with the compound GR8 is 0,355µm. This is a value that guarantees to the following smoothing step to flatten the surface in an excellent way, setting it up for the shining.
- ACHIEVE STEADY RESULTS [icona]: loading every day the tumbling machine with the recommended compound quantity from PAI CRISTAL, the pieces quality will be regular and the treated surface will be homogeneous.
- DECREASE THE CONSUMPTIONS: compared to the previous grinding compound PO5, the contact with the wood media, supported by the using of oil PAILAST 4 (in small quantities) for the first cycles, has considerably improved. Fewer balls are formed and consumptions have been reduced by 20%. The compound GR8 leaves furthermore residuals easy to wash.
- SIMPLIFY AND MAKE SAFE THE TUMBLING WORKER’S ACTIVITY: the compound GR8 is easy to use and apply. The tumbling department remains clean and tidy, eliminating pumice bags that cause the presence of powder. Replacing the pumice with the compound GR8, you can eliminate the spread of silica in the workplace.
Using the compound SG-1 – STEEP EDGES you can:
- KEEP SHARP THE EDGE OF YOUR EYEWEAR: the high concentration of medium granulometry and very friable oxides allows to treat the surface in a delicate way, protecting the rounding of the edges and keeping the requested contours from the current design. For an optimal performance of the compound SG-1, it is important that the pieces to be treated don’t have big flaws and deep marks deriving from milling or moulding.
For an optimal performance of the compound SG-1, it is important that the pieces to be treated don’t have big flaws and deep marks deriving from milling or moulding.DISCOVER GR8 DISCOVER SG1